Bluetooth connection with samsung s3 (android 4.4.2)

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpankerG

Just got my outlander phev my2016 and it has problems with the bluetooth connection of my samsung s3 neo (android version 4.4.2).

I'm able to connect, but it automatically disconnects again. After a while it sets up the connnection again and then disconnects again.

Is there a way to solve this?

SpankerG said:
Just got my outlander phev my2016 and it has problems with the bluetooth connection of my samsung s3 neo (android version 4.4.2).

I'm able to connect, but it automatically disconnects again. After a while it sets up the connnection again and then disconnects again.

Is there a way to solve this?

My Samsung Note sometimes has bouts of this, every now and then I see message flash up on the MMCS, phone connected, phone disconnected, phone connected.... over random minutes. Usually a full reboot of the phone seems to stop it. Also the MMCS wasn't keen on me keeping the phone in my belt holster down on my right side, it is happier in the dash holder. I don't know if it made a difference but I also disabled power save mode on the phone, my theory being one of the power save actions might have been shutting off Bluetooth transmitter for a while dropping the connection.

This is known issue with mitsubishi. The vehicle software cannot cope with the latest bluetooth. My phev has been as described above for over a year now. Mitsubishi have apparantly released some updated firmware to combat this problem. My phev is in the dealer this Wednesday for the update.
The phev software systems are extremely poor in comparison with other makes.

I think we can all agree that the MMCS and underlying PHEV software is archaic. There are far better systems out there. I feel MMC have tried to dumb down the user interface. Unless there are safety issues or bad press that may affect future sales, we will probably be stuck with what was offered when we bought the PHEV. My PHEV complains only if the GSM signal is poor, and I have to place the handset up on the dash. My Samsung NOTE 2 has not had any connection problems, and I always leave bluetooth ON and WiFi OFF when mobile. Generally have the phone plugged in so power saving is not an issue.

gwatpe said:
I think we can all agree that the MMCS and underlying PHEV software is archaic. There are far better systems out there. I feel MMC have tried to dumb down the user interface. Unless there are safety issues or bad press that may affect future sales, we will probably be stuck with what was offered when we bought the PHEV. My PHEV complains only if the GSM signal is poor, and I have to place the handset up on the dash. My Samsung NOTE 2 has not had any connection problems, and I always leave bluetooth ON and WiFi OFF when mobile. Generally have the phone plugged in so power saving is not an issue.

agree, I also generally have Bluetooth audio off on the phone too as no point the car wasting time setting up and maintaining another connection I don't use.

Back