Android app won't register phone

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rgilyead

Anybody had problems with the Android PHEV app? When I try to register my phone (Sony Experia Z1 Compact) the process fails almost immediately with an error screen that gives a variety of reasons why the phone won't connect e.g. "Switch not in ACC mode", "More than 5 minutes have elapsed", "Wrong password entered" etc. None of the reasons seem valid. The dealer couldn't get it to connect after several attempts. I have just retried a few times with the same results.

It worked fine on my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - though the registration process is a bit fiddly. For a start, the app did not show the car's SSID in the list box - I had to key it in (and it is case sensitive). Getting the car into registration mode by pressing multiple buttons on the key fob was also a pain - it is not very forgiving of any timing or sequence errors.

Also consider temporarily deactivating auto network switch in advanced wifi settings in your phone to go through the process.

Can get car into registration mode OK. Beeps once to confirm. SSID has to be keyed in. Then password. Thinks for about a minute then shows error screen. Dealer perplexed and so am I. Have tried uninstalling and reinstalling app. Still no good.

In my S3: settings/wifi/settings/advanced/then it is one of about 10 options. Sorry can't help with a Sony.

Back