Adaptive speed reads offramp signs

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brian0125

Set my auto speed adjust setting and noticed travelling down the highway the camera picks up off ramp speed signs and adjusts the speed to that setting. Any way to adjust the sensitivity for this?

From what other members have posted, I think it is getting the speeds from the map, rather than 'seeing' speed signs.

It can be turned on and off through the 'Navi' menus IIRC.

(Note that I don't have this feature on my car, so can't check the details for you.)

Yes it reads speed signs, sometime useful sometimes irritating. I've left the feature on because it shows signs I might have missed, especially in places that don't like to have many signs (because they figure everyone should already know what the speed is). I would not use it in conjuction with speed control, you'd just get hit from behind.

Set my auto speed adjust setting and noticed travelling down the highway the camera picks up off ramp speed signs and adjusts the speed to that setting. Any way to adjust the sensitivity for this?
I have a PHEV 2023, it does read the signs ( only those official permeant signs). It doesn't seem to read those temporary signs set up in construction zones. When it recognizes one, a speed sign symbol shows in the heads up display and instrument section. It does not automatically reset the speed control, but does prompt the user for about 10 seconds to either set or reset to the new speed limit depending on what your current speed setting.

Yes, it does read signs - in my experience even temporary ones, if they look exactly like regular speed limit signs. You can set it to "Auto Mode". In that case the car will set the speed to the posted speed limit, but only on freeways (according to the manual). I've never used it.

Last edited:
Back