Accessories mode

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gwatpe

I have finally made some progress with loss of logged data in the MMCS. I had raised this at other times, but have not had any definitive responses.

In Australian shipped PHEV's there may be more underlying problems with the MMCS than European shipped models.

When in Accessories mode. single press of the power button with foot OFF the brake. This is BTW the mode used for programming. The PHEV continues to log mileage and power in the MMCS. Presumably a lot of other stuff is logged as well in the background. There has been no loss of data when the PHEV was only operated in power mode, for over three weeks.

Here are some pics of lost data from today in ACC mode.

gaps1.gif

The car had turned OFF the MMCS in the auto shutdown of accessories to conserve power, but the system keeps on recording whatever.

gaps2.gif

The problem is that the gaps are random.

As the ACC mode is used for programming the car, it is possible that problems other drivers have had with say uploading updates to firmware and even programming keys, or connection of a phone, can be related to the use of the ACC mode. The system is not apparently stable in this mode as data is lost in one system, so it is likely that other systems may be equally as vulnerable.

Others may wish to comment with their own explanation of lost data. I don't buy the negative data slant.

When do you use acc mode? Other than very rarely operating the radio when parked I've never seen the value of it. Also not sure what you mean about it being the 'mode used for programming' or the 'negative data slant'?

The Accessories Mode [ACC], and not Adaptive Cruise Control mode, also called ACC, It is actually used for critical modifications to car connected hardware, like a KEY, or even a phone. Yes you can also listen to the radio while waiting for children at say football training, or Ballet practice, or while washing the mud OFF after an outing etc.

This is from a paper manual.

ACC1.gif

If the car is away doing something random while you are trying to say upload new firmware to the car etc, then it is critically important that this ACC mode is not screwing things up.

Back