1500 watt plug

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ronnieracoon

Was hoping for some electrical help re my 1500w plug in the cargo area.
Can this plug support a 1000w sump pump in an emergency situation (ex no power)
Will my plug take it safely?

One clarification.Is the traction battery or the smaller 12v battery being used?
Traction. To supply 1500W from a 12V battery would need (1500 / 12 = ) 125A and would need massive cables and power electronics to work, as well as only working for a very short time. Also, the DC/DC converter that keeps the 12V battery charged from the Traction battery would not be able to supply that much power.

Should not be a problem. Lots of folks use higher than this for things when camping, etc. If the battery runs out, the ICE will start ... so make sure you park in a ventilated area.
Am I right in understanding the engine needs to be running to use the this plug?
I have a 2023 Outlander PHEV

Hi,
Power must be on. When the traction battery is charged, that will be used. When empty the ICE will automatically turn on.
I recently tested the output and it is a pure sinus wave. So, you can attach everything up to 1500W.
However I do not know where the jumper could be.
You're ok with this ?

Last edited:
Am I right in understanding the engine needs to be running to use the this plug?
Power on. If there is juice in the big battery the engine will not be running. But the engine will come on if the battery is low.

If you are going to use the 110/220 volt plug for a long time and don't want the lights on then you just need to engage the manual brake with the car off. Now press the power on button (don't press the foot brake).

Power on. If there is juice in the big battery the engine will not be running. But the engine will come on if the battery is low.

If you are going to use the 110/220 volt plug for a long time and don't want the lights on then you just need to engage the manual brake with the car off. Now press the power on button (don't press the foot brake).
cheers, I'll give it a try - this will be very usefull for camping

Hi,
Power must be on. When the traction battery is charged, that will be used. When empty the ICE will automatically turn on.
I recently tested the output and it is a pure sinus wave. So, you can attach everything up to 1500W.
However I do not know where the jumper could be.
You're ok with this ?Jumper? what do you mean?

after turning the ignion on (to asseccories) the orange light on the 1500w switch does not come on unless i turn the car on with my foot on the brake.
what am i missing, are you sure this applies to 2023 Outlander PHEV?

Did you try with the hand brake on?

Just tried on my 2024 GST. I needed to start car with Brake Pedal pushed. Only then did the light on the 120VAC button come. So it seems that the Ready light on the Dash needs to be on for the power to to 120 VAC to turn on,on my 2024 GT.

Just tried on my 2024 GST. I needed to start car with Brake Pedal pushed. Only then did the light on the 120VAC button come. So it seems that the Ready light on the Dash needs to be on for the power to to 120 VAC to turn on,on my 2024 GT.
I imagine that is to avoid draining the 12v battery by ensuring the drive battery is on line to handle the potential load.

more disappointment -
can't start car with AC on unless I run the ICE & now you're telling me I need to run the ICE to use the power point.
Things they don't mention at the dealership!
Can anyone out there open the tailgate by swipping your foot accross the sensor?

more disappointment -
can't start car with AC on unless I run the ICE & now you're telling me I need to run the ICE to use the power point.
Can anyone out there open the tailgate by swipping your foot accross the sensor?
I would suspect that in order to do that, you need full EV capability

My foot sensor worked great before I put the trailer hitch on, now it's a 25% success rate on the first swipe.

more disappointment -
Yes, I don't swipe; I do more of a gentle forward kick in the centre.

more disappointment -
The SEL trim on my 2023 came with a sensor under the rear bumper that you can trigger with your foot to open the rear tail gate. In my experience it works about 90% of the time (seems to depend on footwear or motion), but it also triggers when you are fiddling underneath the car (like attaching the chains and cable for a trailer).
If I do the double start up in EV mode (Push the start button with the foot off the brake, switch the car to EV then push the start button again with the foot on the brake), the car will start up the heat pump with my last air conditioning settings and stay in EV mode. But if you need heat and cold at the same time (like defogging the windshield), the ICE will kick in. I think I have also had it kick in on occasion in when I go for maximum cold, but this doesn't seem to be consistent, so there must be other factors affecting it (like how hot the battery is).

The other factor with AC and the engine starting, is the difference between your target temperature, and the current temperature in the car. If that difference is over a particular value (sorry I don't know what the value is) the engine will always start.

Back