Wifi and Bluetooth!!!

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rich72

If I have my wifi turned on when I get in the car it connect to the remote on the phone for the lights, heater etc. this causes the Bluetooth not to work.
Does anyone else have this problem? And if so is there a fix?

Rich72 said:
If I have my wifi turned on when I get in the car it connect to the remote on the phone for the lights, heater etc. this causes the Bluetooth not to work.
Does anyone else have this problem? And if so is there a fix?

sounds like a phone problem. I leave wifi OFF normally, as the phone tries to connect with the car. No internet available on the car wifi, and this makes use of the internet for maps etc non functioning. Some phones allow selective control of networks.

Depends on the type of phone. Is it an iPhone?

Then you can use the iPhone Configuration Utility to create a profile and download it to your phone, which tells your phone not to automatically connect to the REMOTE network. I believe there are plenty hits on Google for that.

As for gwatpe's problem: you can disable DHCP for the REMOTE wifi network on an iPhone, and manually specify the same IP address and Subnetwork mask as you had before. Leave Router and Gateway empty, and you will be able to use mobile data for Internet, while connected to the REMOTE network.

AFAIK this problem is not related to what phone you have, there are several threads describing the Wifi/Bluetooth problem. This thread defines solutions both for Iphones and Androids.

http://www.myoutlanderphev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1728&start=10

\\Agerdin

Back