Telephone connection issues

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grahampel

Hi All, I have just receieved by new Outlander PHEV and I think it is great, I have one issue and I am hoping that someone might be able to assist me.

I have two mobile phones and I have paired them both onto my sterio but when ever i am making a call the connection to the phone will drop out and the music comes back on for 1 second and then the connection is re-established to the phone. I have the same problem no matter which phone I use and if I swith the other phone off completely then it will still jump between the phone and the audio connection intermittantly during a call.

Has anyone got two phones paired or should I just get it to forget one phone and the audio streaming and connect the phone on its own?

Many thanks for all your help

What type of phone?

My wife and I both use Samsung Galaxy phones (running Android) and they have both paired up easily and work fine - though if we are both in the car, it is a bit of a lottery which gets used for an outgoing call.

Others here have reported a range of problems with some iPhones.

Hi thanks for the answer, I have a samsung galaxy S4 mini and an iPhone 4.

Even if I switch off the iPhone the sterio tries to swap between the phone as a phone and as a music device as when it paired it connected as both a phone and as an audio device.

Don't have my outlander yet, but from reading other comments about connection issues, it could be that you need to turn off 'Wifi' on your phone when in the car. Possibly because the car has it's own wifi network so it confuses things.

If that is the case, then it's a bit disappointing that this is happening on the MY16 cars, as I thought it may have been addressed in the new model.

For anyone with a phone with NFC technology it *should* be possible to code a tag within the car to make whatever changes you need automatically. I only have theoretical knowledge of this, but seems like a potential use case?

Back