Suggestions for EvBatMon App.

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trex

Ok only back for a little while (big project on at work) but would like to start a suggestion topic to improve the EvBatMon App as the authors are members of this forum.

Been using it for over a month now.

My biggest suggestion for the moment is give me a blank "Page" so I can set my own gauges etc and not have to delete a page of gauges setup as the default by the program.

A reset back to standard may be handy also?

Anyone have any others.

Regards Trex.

Yes, please, I do have a very important one:

Please add what Mitsubishi forgot to add in the BC, which is a ⌀kWh/100km since last zeroing.
Or a ⌀Wh/km.
Either way, that's the info I miss the MOST in the MMCS. The ⌀kWh/100km the MMCS shows, as we know, is only for the last 1000 meters.
Since EvBatMon can read the odometer and all the V/Amp/kW/kWh info from the battery, you'd just need to add a gauge which can be manually zeroed.

But because the refresh rate of the power out gauge is at aprox. 0.8 seconds (and would therefor miss out most of the energy-readings inbetween), it would probably make most sense to take BMU info of Battery SOC Ah from present odo-km subtracted by SOC Ah from start odo-km.

Know what I mean?

I guess it would be difficult to exclude power consumption by heater and/or Aircon. Or would you like to see that included?

Also, the number would be meaning full, only during pure EV sections. Or?

Sure anko, including all 300V aggregats. Heater and aircon also shows up on the consumption of all other e-cars.

I might be one of the few who drive 97% of the time in pure EV, but to be able to see a ⌀ of more than the last 1000 meters sure is the desire of all PHEV owners!

One more suggestion:
a gauge with usable SOC.
When I now look at the SOC in %, I know that the ICE will start at aprox. 30%

I would add a gauge that takes the usable 70% and display these in a 100 pixel(?) bar (every pixel equals 0.7% of the usable SOC)?!

Or make the range customizable.
So that I can put a counter 52 Kilometers on the 100% SOC and a 0 Kilometers at 30%
(1.35% per Kilometer / typical range)

Trex said:
My biggest suggestion for the moment is give me a blank "Page" so I can set my own gauges etc and not have to delete a page of gauges setup as the default by the program.

A reset back to standard may be handy also?

Thanks for starting the thread Trex, I only just discovered it!
#1 is a great idea and really easy to do so that will definitely make the next release, and I've got #2 on my todo list already. Would it help if the new blank page was accessed via a new "My PID" button on the "Explore PHEV" car diagram, or would it be ok just to swipe to your own page?

Other requests/fixes which are already slated for the next release are -
1. Units - Miles, Fahrenheit etc
2. Auto-start (No need to "connect"), including remembering the previous bluetooth device.
3. Support -ve values on dial gauges
4. Better adjustments & saving of gauge customisations
5. Hopefully a better Cell graph

Kim said:
One more suggestion:
a gauge with usable SOC.
When I now look at the SOC in %, I know that the ICE will start at aprox. 30%

I would add a gauge that takes the usable 70% and display these in a 100 pixel(?) bar (every pixel equals 0.7% of the usable SOC)?!

Or make the range customizable.
So that I can put a counter 52 Kilometers on the 100% SOC and a 0 Kilometers at 30%
(1.35% per Kilometer / typical range)
Not trying to go against you at all. Just sharing my thoughts ;-)

- The usable SOC very much depends on speed towards the end of your trip. The engine may kick in at 30.5% (higher speeds) or at 26.5% (lower speeds).
- Between 30 and 31% SOC there is less energy available than there is between 90 and 91%, as IMHO the SOC shows percentage of Ah still available, ignoring the voltage drop. So, when you map SOC to EV Range, the scale would not be linear.
- For 70%, we would better use a 140 px bar, as SOC is reported per 0.5%.

True.
It's understandable that the SOC probably isn't quite linear to the kWh capacity remaining in the battery.
I guess the voltage is not a factor in the algorhythm of that gauge, right?
Otherwise it would jump a lot, because voltage rises and drops constantly during driving.

Knowing the small unlinearity, it wouldn't be to hard to implement that slight bend into the algorhythm.
I'm sure you software guys are very good in math, aren't you..? ;)

zzcoopej said:
Thanks for starting the thread Trex, I only just discovered it!
#1 is a great idea and really easy to do so that will definitely make the next release, and I've got #2 on my todo list already. Would it help if the new blank page was accessed via a new "My PID" button on the "Explore PHEV" car diagram, or would it be ok just to swipe to your own page?

Gday zzcoopej,

Just swiping to it would preferable to me. But if others do not agree I do not mind.

Looking forward to the new features.

Onwards and upwards for the EvBatMan oops :oops: I mean EvBatMon. :)

I would like to see the total cost of a single trip. One could put in the parameters of cost per kWh and cost per liter of fuel. Then the app could calculate using the trip computer. ( I can do this today but I have manually fill in the trip length and how much battery I've used. ) Don't forget to calculate with the fact that it takes 10 kWh to charge an "empty/0km EV range" to "full" . So it would rather be % of 10kwh consumed. And also, maybe calculate an "if I had bought petrol for the same amount of money, and used for the same trip distance, what would the fuel consumption have been."

Also, the fuel rate PID doesn't seem to work on my car. The app keep saying that PID does not exist or something like that . I have a 2014 Outlander PHEV.

Anyways, love the app, really geeky stuff, just the way I want it :)

bjoonas said:
I would like to see the total cost of a single trip...
Great suggestions, thanks for making them. We have put off tackling a better "trip computer" however there have been quite a few requests so we'll get there once a few other features are ticked off.
bjoonas said:
Also, the fuel rate PID doesn't seem to work on my car.
Sorry, that is a standard PID which the PHEV does not support. When the "trip computer" functions are added this will be remapped.

zzcoopej said:
bjoonas said:
Also, the fuel rate PID doesn't seem to work on my car.
Sorry, that is a standard PID which the PHEV does not support. When the "trip computer" functions are added this will be remapped.
I believe very few cars do. Torque Pro and DashCmd for example calculate fuel consumption by taking speed, mass air flow, temperature, lambda values and several other values.

Great stuff, I'm looking forward to future updates.
(I won't bother with the "fuel rate" pid for now then).
Keep up the good work.

Back