sim tray

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

molly

hi everyone,
i really need your help: today i was trying to replace the sim card in the multimedia system.
i dont know how it happened, but the sim and the sim ptray fell into a hole behind the m. system and i lost it.

where can i buy another sim tray? i looked online but can't find exactly the same tray.
does anyoe have a link where i can buy a new one?

I wonder why you need sim card tray if you can't find sim card. And I wonder why Outlander PHEV needs sim card. I can't find any posting mentioned sim card.

I wonder why you need sim card tray if you can't find sim card. And I wonder why Outlander PHEV needs sim card. I can't find any posting mentioned sim card
I don't think you understand:
Every multimedia system works with a sim card or there is no internet connection.
i wanted to replace my sim card and lost the tray. now i need a new tray so i can use the sim card.

If you mean it dropped between the head unit and the dash trim panel, pop the dash panel off and see if you can locate where it went, might be easier than trying to source a replacement part.

So where is the sim card located? How do I access it? Who is paying for the carrier data plan associated with the sim card?

Sorry, my car does not have Mitsubishi connect. Thus, I did not understand your situation. So, I search about Mitsubishi connect. I found some information of this service. If you find SOS sign on the top, your car has this option installed. Mine does not. The service will be free for 2 years only. After that, $99 a year subscription fee. Following is the clear answer to you. I think you better find it in your car. If you cannot find in the parts book, there is no way to find replacement. Or you buy head unit from junk yard.
https://mechanics.stackexchange.com/questions/83210/mitubishi-outlander-2018-replacing-sim-card

Hi Molly,

I've had a look around, and SIM card trays are pretty simple devices and should be replaceable, but you need to know the device details to get the right tray. (i.e. the details of the head unit that takes the SIM card tray.)

I think you should take your car to an auto-electronics store*, explain your problem and get them to:

1. Open up the dashboard and try to find your missing SIM card tray; and,
2. If that fails, get the details of the head unit and source a replacement tray.

For details like this, generally car manufacturers are not much use, because they only deal with the entire component (i.e. the head unit) and don't deal with sub-assemblies.

* By auto-electronics store, I mean anyone that supplies and installs car hi-fi, two-way radios, etc. Anyone that routinely gets behind the dashboard of new cars.

With the right tools (or even bare hands for experienced people) Dashboards etc. come apart quite easily and quickly.

I bought a boroscope from ebay that comes with hooks etc and is lit by a led for $9. It works on your smart phone. I got it to unlock the drivers door on my RR after the plastic link failed in the door lock with the door shut so I could not remove the door card. Could be an option.

On the 2019 I have and likely the same on most of these, the dash vanity panel just pops out, so you only really need a flat plastic spudger eased in and then prise it toward you. You then have access to the MMCS and the void below where things may have fallen. Never did figure hot to remove the switch panel where the key holder and other buttons are but as mentioned a cheap boroscope would help any inspection down behind there.

This may help show how if unsure

Last edited:
One thing I am thinking about sim card. Is your sim card compatible to Mitsubishi?. Recalling back to my search, it requires subscription renewal after 2 years from new car purchasing. If not, your effort will be useless.

Back