SD card not working,,,

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sandunamila said:
:shock: my SD not working from today,,,, no Mitsubishi logo on Screen... pls help some body...

There should be some instructions for using the cd disk that came with the car to make a new backup sd card by transferring a file from the cd using a computer. The instructions are on the last page of the owners manual titled "what to do if the system will not start (or something like that) it will not run the maps but will allow the car to run. Then you need a replacement sd card from Mitsu to regain full functionality.

I believe that new models no longer come with a CD. Certainly mine did not (A 4HS purchased a few weeks ago).

I would suggest (and I must do this myself) that you take an image of your card while it works and that will give you a file to restore from should the need be there in the future.

raymie said:
I believe that new models no longer come with a CD. Certainly mine did not (A 4HS purchased a few weeks ago).

I would suggest (and I must do this myself) that you take an image of your card while it works and that will give you a file to restore from should the need be there in the future.

Are you confident that this will not damage the data? It is not uncommon for the suppliers of mapping data to put copy protection into their cards which will erase them if you attempt to copy them. This is certainly the case with the Navionics mapping that we use on our boat - I have met people that have destroyed SD cards by attempting to copy them.

Imaging a card woudl not damage it, it is a read only process. If you screw it up and write instead then you would obvioulsy but you can always slide the write protect tab down first (assuming they have not removed it).

raymie said:

Hi Raymie

It may be worth looking up the new procedure in the back of your manual, it may be that you should have been given a cd but Mitsubishi dealership overlooked it.

raymie said:
Imaging a card woudl not damage it, it is a read only process. If you screw it up and write instead then you would obvioulsy but you can always slide the write protect tab down first (assuming they have not removed it).

Not necessarily true - SD cards are not dumb devices - they have some processing capability built in to support the secure functionality (SD = Secure Digital). It is possible to programme up an SD card to detect certain patterns of access and take security steps which can include making the card unusable. Navionics do it and there are plenty of examples of people destroying expensive marine cartography by attempting to copy the card.

Back