Regen behaviour. ?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaapv

This morning I drove off with a fully charged car and without thinking slipped it into B5. Much to my surprise when releasing the accelerator it would coast for a second (normal) and then go into a kind of B1 level regen (???). Conditions: full battery, same range as ever indicated, 2degrees, No preheat. ICE running. Did anybody else observe this?

I believe that's normal (or at least my one does that too). Full regen isn't available until the battery has dropped in charge level a bit.

That was indeed what was saying. I did not expect any regen at all with a fully charged battery. I suspect Anko is right, that the power drain of the heater allowed the car to accept a small amount of current.

Unless start the car fully charge from a hill top ...

It is always possible to recharge a bit the battery with regen ... the regen energy is always a fraction of the energy consumed for reach the speed

I think the car just control the regen by checking that the battery voltage while charged back don't exceed a defined value ... B1 to B5 is a different parameter, more or less is the optimal deceleration

I find that in these very cold days, my B5 now even with 50% battery level does not get close to the high recharge seen when was warmer outside

I agree with elm70 - I think the temperature might have something to do with it. I have noticed lately that on my normal commute (gently downhill to the Thames from the Sarf Lundun Alps) I have had more regen than usual - and with a Gxh3 I have no heater! - stopping me coasting at 30mph.

It may be that once charging has finished the battery declines faster in the cold?

SOC can go above 100% (I have seen 107 and more). Regen only starts below 100%. So, you do not have to be at the top of a hill to have no regen. We've all experienced it.

Back