Key issue

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blue

have had the car for a month now and totally loving it.

Had an issue the other day, which has happened a few times since. When leaving the car, shutting the drivers door and pressing the little black button by the door handle to lock the car, I get a beep and a message on the dash saying 'key still in vehicle' However, the key is actually in my hand.
The car locks fine using the key fob button and the rear button under the tailgate, but for some odd reason, it thinks the key is in the car when I try and use the black drivers door button. Any clues?

This seems very strange to me....how am I supposed to get the key further away from the car when it is in my hand?
Do I have to take the key 10 yards away from the car, put it down, return to the car, lock it using the black door button, then go collect my key again? :lol:
whats baffling me is that it has only started doing it this week....weird!

Blue said:
This seems very strange to me....how am I supposed to get the key further away from the car when it is in my hand?
Do I have to take the key 10 yards away from the car, put it down, return to the car, lock it using the black door button, then go collect my key again? :lol:

No, just don't hold it the hand you are using to press the button.

Blue said:

Was it what I wrote ? :roll:

Just try to do what we tell you to help you (or read the manual).

After that, you will be authorized to make fun with our advices :evil:

Hey, wasnt poking fun at your advice....its much appreciated.
Its just odd that Mitsu expect the key to be 'some distance' from the door when you are trying to lock it, and the key is obviously going to be on your person.
Ill try again with the key in my other hand, or keep it in my pocket and see how that goes. Thanks guys

You're welcome ;)

I just keep it in my pocket and there is no problem, excepting sometimes when I want to close the tailgate. Just move back a step and it's ok.

Back