Coolant Change

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Singybob

Hello everyone,
I have recently purchased my Outlander PHEV and I love it, The previous keeper told me that he had the radiator replaced due the a leak caused by a stone impact. I have noticed that, whoever carried out the work has used water instead or the blue coolant, this is not acceptable.
I will be attempting to replace the coolant. I am a fully experienced mechanic but wondered if there was anybody out there who might be able to advise on the correct process?
Thanks in advance for your help.

Singybob said:
Hello everyone,
I have recently purchased my Outlander PHEV and I love it, The previous keeper told me that he had the radiator replaced due the a leak caused by a stone impact. I have noticed that, whoever carried out the work has used water instead or the blue coolant, this is not acceptable.
I will be attempting to replace the coolant. I am a fully experienced mechanic but wondered if there was anybody out there who might be able to advise on the correct process?
Thanks in advance for your help.

The correct coolant is super long life as set out in the owner manual. Beware there are 2 radiators, one for the engine, the other for the EV system. Both seem to use the same type of coolant. Had a chuckle when I read that the EV coolant should be changed after 20 years. That's what I call confidence in a product!

Back