Charger (Fault)

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BRIAN POWERS01

The Fault light on my charger has been lighting up lately. The charging was a hit and miss - maybe charge for a little while then fault. I have now found out why and want to share. For security reasons where I live (my last cable was stolen) I have to remove my charger after charging and now my plug or prongs have loosened up and that is what is causing the Fault. The charger should be left in the plug and not be plugged and unplugged constantly.

Hi, my charger, Yazaki model 9482A334, went to "fault" continuously. I concluded that puddled rain water had entered it somehow and it won't dry out. So I bought a replacement online (of course it's from China and there is no customer service, my bad), anyway, that's my "fault" story. Now trying to figure out what amperage setting is optimal for home charging.

The optimal current for charging is as low as possible that will still fully charge your car for when you need it. Higher currents cause higher power loss and increase the wear on the plugs.
I just have the default granny charger stuck on 10A and it's more than enough to charge over night. I would set it lower if I could.

Back