Car Wifi (access point) is disabled

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CarloZ23

Hi!

My phev's access point is disabled in the mornings and the only way to turn it on is by using the car wireless key e.g., opening and closing doors, then after few seconds I can see the Wifi again (REMOTExxxx) in my iphone.

has anybody this problem?

Regards!

CarloZ23 said:
Hi!

My phev's access point is disabled in the mornings and the only way to turn it on is by using the car wireless key e.g., opening and closing doors, then after few seconds I can see the Wifi again (REMOTExxxx) in my iphone.

has anybody this problem?

Regards!

Yes I've seen this.

I believe that it may be to do with the state of charge of the 12v battery?

Thanks. hmm I haven't seen this before, seems that this is something recent. a year ago the WIFI in the car was ON let say 24/7, not anymore. I have reset the values to default but didn't help.

:-/ the problem is that I have a telephone sitting in the car, which I use to activate the warming system via a SMS from my telephone, but if the wifi is off, then the app doesn't work.

anyway, thanks for the reply!

CarloZ23 said:
Thanks. hmm I haven't seen this before, seems that this is something recent. a year ago the WIFI in the car was ON let say 24/7, not anymore. I have reset the values to default but didn't help.

:-/ the problem is that I have a telephone sitting in the car, which I use to activate the warming system via a SMS from my telephone, but if the wifi is off, then the app doesn't work.

anyway, thanks for the reply!
I have the same setup (although I activate the heating by making a phone call to the phone, not by sending a text message) but I have never had any issues with WiFi not being available. At lease not since roughly mid 2014, when an early bug was addressed by Mitsubishi.

Going off topic, but how do you get the phone in the car to trigger the heating. I've been looking for an iPhone app that would bridge the wifi and phone data connection but haven't found anything yet. If there is an android app then I could happily buy a cheap phone to leave in the car for this purpose.

There is a Norwegian app that does this for you (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=no.objective.geiroves), but it is rather expensive.

Myself and others have created a Tasker profile that (triggered by the phone ringing or a text message coming in):
- Enables WiFI
- Connects to REMOTExxxx
- Starts the app
- Clicks on the appropriate position in the screen to start heating
- Closes the app
- Disables WiFi (to preserve phone battery)
- Calls me back to confirm

When you use text messages, you can make the profile do several different things by looking at the contents of the message, but would will generate a little cost.

Back