Advice..

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aitch

Can I ask for opinions on my thoughts on the best way to drive the following journey:

From my home to my rented digs for work is 165miles door to door. Rented place to work return commute is 16miles, 8 return commutes between the 165 miles back.
The majority of the 165s are A road / dual carriageway. I had planned to drive this section starting with a full charge, so EV mode until I deplete the battery then serial mode engine/motor, I was going to aim at maintaining 55mph or as close to and use the regen to add as much as possible, the journey is flat (Norfolk to Warwick). The commute I should be able to complete in EV mode only, I can't charge at work but can at my digs. Any thoughts, hints or tips as to how I could do it better. I get the phev this coming Monday and I'm looking fwd to trying to max out on the potential!

If it was me, I would try to make sure all the faster sections of the 165 mile journey are done on petrol - assuming you don't want to stop for a rapid charge around Cambridge, of course - I think that's the only possible worthwhile stop. So if you plan on keeping to 55mph, press 'save' when you get up to that speed, but turn it off for any slower sections - your aim is to reach your destination with zero EV miles left, of course. If it's relatively flat, keep to B0 as much as possible, and just use the paddles to go to B5 to slow down when you need to.
That's pretty much it I think. Let us know how you get on!

My advice is not to worry, just drive it as is, when getting to the motorway go to "save", when driving in the mountains use "charge" and the paddles. Of course you can play the car like a church organ to squeeze the last quarter mile out of it, but in my experience, unless it is your hobby, it is not really worth it. Mitsubishi designed the car to be driven efficiently with as little driver input as possible.

Back