ACC not available now error message

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stebro453

Have. 2016 g4hs phev and having issue with the above message when trying to activate the adaptive cruise control.
Dealer plugged car in to diagnostics but didn't reveal problem. Will need car to liaise with Mitsubishi technical on this one.
Has anyone else had this problem?

Car has now been in twice. Mitsubishi technical haven't had this problem before.
Next step is to try and swap out components with a donor vehicle. Query on the Acc sensor or possibly the wiring harness. Either way car will be in for a few days whilst they try.

Mitsubishi have been in touch. Part has to come from Japan. The dealership has been quoted beginning of August as the estimated delivery date for the part as it has to be specially manufactured.
This sounds unlikely given the vehicle is in current production and there must be spare parts available in the plant. They are advising that all of the parts produced are already allocated for production.
Poor parts backup if it takes so long to get parts.

Possibly the radar sensor blocked with -a lot of wet- dirt. It happened to me regularly in snowy conditions

Stebro453 said:
Have. 2016 g4hs phev and having issue with the above message when trying to activate the adaptive cruise control.
Dealer plugged car in to diagnostics but didn't reveal problem. Will need car to liaise with Mitsubishi technical on this one.

Had the same problem on my 2016 model. Try pushing the toggle button down instead of up when trying to activate the ACC. Worked for me.

Didn't someone have a similar problem where the front numberplate was covering the sensor, or the sensor still had pre-delivery tape over it?

Stebro453 said:

A couple of times. One time was heavy rain, the other not, however the other time I'd been on ACC for a very long time (8+ hours). Also, you need to be doing over a certain speed (maybe 40km/h?) for ACC to "start", otherwise I think you get ACC not available however that might be another similar message.
I've found ACC once engaged will then work down to 0km/h, however ACC unfortunately will disengage if you get stopped in traffic for a few seconds "as a safety feature". I guess you could forget ACC is on and get a fright when the car starts moving again? Bit annoying as ACC in heavy stop-start traffic is pretty useful.

zzcoopej said:
Stebro453 said:

A couple of times. One time was heavy rain, the other not, however the other time I'd been on ACC for a very long time (8+ hours). Also, you need to be doing over a certain speed (maybe 40km/h?) for ACC to "start", otherwise I think you get ACC not available however that might be another similar message.
I've found ACC once engaged will then work down to 0km/h, however ACC unfortunately will disengage if you get stopped in traffic for a few seconds "as a safety feature". I guess you could forget ACC is on and get a fright when the car starts moving again? Bit annoying as ACC in heavy stop-start traffic is pretty useful.

Hitting resume (press up) works to re-engage ACC that has disengaged in stop-start traffic. You can do this from stationary.

Downside of ACC in slow traffic is feeling like a trapped ping-pong ball as engages ... I think there is a bell curve with distance to the car ahead/launch speed; it needs a bit more work.

The car does not calculate distance but braking time AFAIK - I think that is the catch. The time would become infinite when stationary.

I find it works well in moving traffic and motorway but coming up behind someone at a roundabout is a little scary. I had a guy pull out of an intersection on a bicycle while I was about to cruise by with ACC on and the car braked real hard, gave me a hell of a fright.

Even without ACC on, mine panics every time someone turns left in front of me.

From the point of view of the software, I guess a small object (the back of a car) suddenly becomes a large object (the side of the car that is no longer in front of me).

Fortunately it doesn't actually hit the brakes, just beeps like mad and puts up the BRAKE!!! message on the dashboard.

The side effect of this, is that the car is training me to ignore the BRAKE!!! message.

;)

vs2 said:
I find it works well in moving traffic and motorway but coming up behind someone at a roundabout is a little scary. I had a guy pull out of an intersection on a bicycle while I was about to cruise by with ACC on and the car braked real hard, gave me a hell of a fright.
That is not the ACC, it is the FCIM. You can put it to "short"and it won't do this.

jaapv said:
vs2 said:
That is not the ACC, it is the FCIM. You can put it to "short"and it won't do this.

I always have it on "short". Maybe a calibration issue?

Car has now been in to Mitsubishi again. They swapped sensor from another vehicle to check and system performed fine. Installed mine in donor vehicle and it didn't work.
It's a faulty sensor which now needs to be ordered in but it will take 2-3 weeks as it has to come from Japan. No sensors in uk or European warehouse.

vs2 said:
jaapv said:
vs2 said:

I always have it on "short". Maybe a calibration issue?
Or a real close bicycle?

Back