2015 Outlander PHEV USB port power erratic

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SanMikes

Hi, I had my car for a couple of weeks, and suddenly the USB port stops charging the phone for exactly 12 seconds only to start again for about 30, and then it stops for another 12. Can anyone help as it's really annoying and damages the phone? Using the original Apple USB-C cable and the iPhone Xs. Also, would a USB charger in the lighter work in this car? But I'd still rather have the USB port working. Thank you for all your advice.

I've tried powering various devices from both USB and lighter socket with mixed success over the years. Whilst the two lighter ports have worked best, I have noticed similar lack of continuous charge from the USB. Although I have put this down to it being too sensitive to power drains elsewhere in the electrics, I have also found that the connecting cable is more often to blame, particularly where it plugs into the phone - same issue when charging from my laptop. :idea:

Until proven otherwise, I would assume a bad cable. Try to get one of higher quality.

Back